Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Highlights of This Past Week

9-16-09
1. Had a small group come from Gordon Hospital to hold an eye clinic….helped out...spent a lot of time trying to get people to believe that large glasses are in style in the States…




2. Also got to help with the dental part of the clinic...wish I could say that I pulled a tooth…but I really just held tools and little kids hands…
3. Had lots of rain one day…set out our buckets and got lots of free water…
4. Because of the rain it was cold…or at least in the 60s…loved wearing a hoodies…hated taking a shower…




5. Someone fixed our shower…now people can only see our heads when they walk by…
6. Got a package from my wonderful friend, Brittany Graves…have been eating home-made granola every day instead of gooey oatmeal…
7. Got consistent electricity, well at least at night…paying for it, but it is being brought to illegally…the doctor had the boys bury the line so the cops would not cut it…
8. Found a worm…in my toe…took it out…now I just have a small crater in my toe…





9. Also found a spider…a large one…in fact a poisonous tarantula of sorts…don’t worry…it was just underneath someone’s bed…
10. Had our first church service at our new building…was amazing…lots of people showed…us nurse girls lead a program for the kids…really good at being cute…not so good at listening at times…






11. After church chilled with the Bible workers…and shared our yummy new Sabbath lunch tradition…our own version of haystacks…
12. Three new SMs just got in…sadly only one is a girl…still pretty outnumbered down here…
13. Today spent my day off at the home base, Kilometer 38, with the rest of the gang…seemed happy to see us…probably just because we cook for them…





Hope all of you had an amazing week as well!

4 comments:

  1. So...what could they see before you could only see your head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are alive. Keep that up. Are there worms coming from anywhere else? I'm trying not to remember things from Micro class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My week's good! I have only seen poisonous homework coming out from under my bed. The only thing in my toes is toe flesh. I can shower quite alone. I only cook for myself. And best of all, I am outnumbered. : ) I would say that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, could I use a picture or two from your blog as part of the newsletter? You would be credited, of course. Sort of like a snapshot from Peru. You can even pick which one you think would be most interesting to the other SMs. Please?

    ~Ashlee

    ReplyDelete