Tuesday, September 8, 2009

You Can Tell You´re Beginning to Think Like a Peruvian When:

-Locals offer you food and you don´t ask what it is is, you just accept it

-You go into cities and join the rest of the people in staring when a white person walks by

-You prefer to use a hole in the ground over a toilet because it is less hassel

-Having parasites is considered normal

-You sleeping pattern reflects that of when the sun is present

-You don´t think twice about having oatmeal, beans, rice, and pasta everyday

-You think paying more than one Peruvian soule (=0.33 cents in the US) for something is way too much

-It is no big deal to attach you trailer to your truck with a rope because you don´t have a hitch

-You start fogetting English words!


·Sorry didn´t get to a computer this week in advance to type something up, with have something more meanful to read next week!

6 comments:

  1. Gimbel. I love your blog. Keep it comin. Mileu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious as to how using a hole in the ground is less hassle than using a toilet. But maybe you don't need to explain that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're starting to forget English words! That's awesome! Now we get to hear more than.."hola chica" and "bien".

    Brittany. I have news for you. I am going to Peru for Spring Break. Yup! I am going to Iquitos to work for the People of Peru project Feb. 26- March 7. The only way this will change is if I don't raise enough money in time. But I am PLANNING on it! So...I checked and you're in...Pucullpa...or something? That's not TOO far away from Iquitos...I think. SO I think that we should try to see each other! Please oh please!

    Love you. Miss you. Milieu. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Native! It was great chatting with you tonight. Praying for you BG1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you. I'm glad you're getting Peruvianized. I miss you though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY!!! I love it. The list will only grow longer :) Hope all is well down there. Just now found your blog... it's gonna make for great study breaks. Praying for all of you. Tell everybody hi for me.

    ReplyDelete