Sunday, November 22, 2009

Just Another Update

Didn’t have time to write for real so here is an update on my life!

-Had thanksgiving dinner...one week early...well kind of…we had it Friday…because the dental team was leaving today…had some real deal thanksgiving food from the States…cooked for 40 people…took all day…the Peruvians thought the food was gross…guess green bean casserole and stuffing doesn’t appeal to everyone…

-That night I opened up a box I got….it was from some really amazing friends…don’t worry, I only opened the granola…and the chocolate….and the window stickers….I am seriously waiting on the rest...(p.s. Nick, everyone loved your card)

-I also put up my Christmas decorations…we don’t have windows so I had to duck tape up the window stickers…also put up some really awesome pictures my grandparents sent me…sadly think the only snow I will be seeing is the snow in the pictures…and I thought TN had it bad…

-Yesterday I went on a boat ride….one wooden boat…one shallow river….and 11 people…it was a lot of fun…found out that there are electric eels that live in the river…they can kill you instantly…but luckily they only come out at night…

-Just finished our first week of our nightly evangelistic series…harder crowd to reach this time…lots of young people…things going well though…

-Have found out they have these wonderful things here called curiches….they are like coconut popsicles…I think I could eat them every day...actually I have been pretty much!...when I get back, I promise I will make them for all of you!

-Started…or at least helped continue…two arguments this week (you are off the hook Brittany for my once a year blow up ;)…learned the importance of not opening my mouth before I have thought things through…got to offer a couple of apologizes…communication is a good thing…when done correctly…

-Found out I might get more free time for our Christmas vacation!....really excited only three more weeks!...lots more reading to do in my tour guide book…

-Was informed that a fellow SM passed away this week…kind of solemning for all of us down here…have run by myself a lot….think I am going to cut that habit…praying a lot for the girls friends and family and hoping that God brings good from the situation…..send up some extra prayers too if you get a chance...

Well that is about it for the week...over and out

7 comments:

  1. Gimbel-good update. I'm glad you got our package! Happy Thanksgiving slash Merry Christmas! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little sad because I sent you a package for Thanksgiving, and it appears the Christmas package beat mine. So...maybe you can pretend mine was for Christmas. You might need to ignore the picture of the turkey though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm pretty much a master of poetry I'd say. And I'm pretty sure I've been on one of those boats before, going down the Amazon, and we were illegally smuggling barrels of gasoline across the border to Brazil from Venezuela, and I got zapped by an electric eel, but I just ate a thousand curiches and so I was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Communication is a good thing... when done correctly." You make my heart proud B. Gimbel. streeeetch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blog full of exciting adventures!! Thanks for the update. I personally appreciate your consistency in blogging. Its good to know whats going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete