Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pictures!

Even though I am starting to count down the days left of this campaign, I dread saying goodbye to the people of 17 de Septiembre. No crazy experiences this last week, just life, the good the bad. Had a water/mud fight with a bunch of the kids which was a blast and a inspiring baptism, but also had a lot of families open up to us with their problems, which can be heartbreaking. As my time is starting to run out, I hope that I continue to take every opportunity to make a impact here.

This Thursday am heading to Iquitos for a long weekend to see friends and work at the project up there. Will fill you in on some details when I get back, in the meantime here are a few pictures!










(The pictures above include one of some of the people we baptized, Lauren with a little girl named...Brittany!, a few of us after the mud fight (I´m in the back if you can´t tell), us showing off our clean feet after a day of visiting, a vespers we had in our house when it was raining, our tent during a meeting, the police lined up after the riot calmed down, a few of us at my bday party, etc.)

3 comments:

  1. Um. Is it me or does that guy in the second picture from the bottom with the tie look like Nick? Just a little...yes...yes he does.

    Also, I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU IN LESS THAN A WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ Tara. Maybe not quite as dark and handsome, but still..
    Yeah for the mudfight. I haven't done that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete